myTunes.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

dILemMa..

I just came up with a fact- Kasturba Medical College in India is not recognized by Singapore Medical Council (SMC).



Damn it!!!

I never know that an advanced country like Singapore does not recognise the MBBS of Kasturba Medical College, both Manipal and Mangalore which is ranked 5th among medical universities throughout the whole nation of India. Damn!

https://www.smc.gov.sg/html/1153709442948.html



I am on the tough way, a long road ahead. Robert Frost said that every decision will lead to the different pathway in life, changing the whole structure of your future. Yeah, I am standing right at the middle of a triangle now. Which corner shall I hide myself at when enemies attack? IMU, MMC or KMC?



Actually I was thinking about choosing either MMC or KMC-namely Melaka-Manipal College and Kasturba Medical College. MMC provides me with the duration I want, but it seems that their course structure is simply too easy. Maybe everybody will think that what is so bad about a relaxing lifestyle of a medical student? Perhaps my mindset is different, because I think that a person has to suffer alot before he/she manages to get what he/she wants in life. The same theory applies on this condition. Without tasting the bitterness in life, you wouldnt know the sweetness of sweet. Actually I rather suffer in India so that I am generally declared as a good doctor in the future, but it takes such a long time to complete my course there! 5.5years+extra housemanship before I can proudly get my certificate from the Dean. I love my family more that anything else, that's why I feel that I shouldnt go for it. One will certainly lose something in order to gain what he wants. Answer this question honestly: What is the value of a medical degree if you have missed many other things in life: family, love, or perhaps friendship?



Well, I must be a doink. Why am I keep persuading myself not to go for the full course?



This is the first decision in my life which I make according to what I want and what my heart thinks. I will not follow blindly where my friends are heading to, or the rumours saying that which place is better than the other.



Ming keeps persuading me to go for MMC. But my heart tells me that it is not as good as what people think. I know why he hopes I will go MMC, because he is there!!!Ok, I admit it is a nonsense explaination. Sometimes I feel very grateful because God has granted me with so many things in life, including this everlasting friendship. He hopes I will be there when he is sad or despair over things, or when he finally managed to get hmself a girlfriend. I always pray hard for him to get one, he is just too cool! There was once I asked him, would we still keep in contact after we have flied to different places? He said of course, but his answer is so uncertain. I am worried. Sometimes when you are used to having a person in your life, you will really feel sad to think about being apart.

(Pure friendship is impossible in my college, so we are trying very hard to let people think that we are strangers. I HATE rumours!)



Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

and Sorry I could not travel both.



Robert Frost chose the one less travelled by. How about me?

No comments: