myTunes.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Discouragement.

You know what, discouragement sucks.

Its now a week prior to the start of my new job, and hopefully a permanent one, I still consistently get negative feedback/discouragement/demotivating quotes from everyone&everywhere.

Seriously, is it so hard to encourage someone?

I am able to understand their frustration and disappointment after finding out that this path is not at all like what they have expected, but if it isn't, do something and make a change! I have read posts saying how you work like a cow and get scolded like a dog, how being a doctor is entirely different from what you might have imagined and etc. And to be honest, I imagined nothing from the beginning.

5 years ago people used to tell me how difficult this path is, how impossible and depressing that it will be, and you will come out feeling stupid for making the dumbest choice that you can ever make in your life. It is not worthy, it is not hopeful. At all.

And there it goes, I have gone through all those and I still want to tell people that yes, it is worth all your sweat and tears. Those sleepless nights, those frustrating patients, those unfinished textbooks, those awful words that are spit on your face, those moments to see life slipping away from your hand. I have been through all these and still I want to say yes, it is worthy. That's medicine. If someone wants to do medicine and he/she is asking me for an opinion, I would still say yes, go for it. Because it changes you. It changes your life.

I am now still floating among discouragement and demotivation. And it sucks to feel like that. It sucks to say yes I know it's demotivating yes I agree with you. But it is more heartbreaking when people think you don't get it, when they think hey dont think so much, you are not gonna make it.

But hey, among those who ranted, who did not complete in the end? No one. Everyone survived through, it is just a matter of perspective, a matter of choice. From which angle you want to look at things from.

Because I can never forget how my patient's heart beats again after it stopped.

Because I can never forget how people say thank you to me.

Because I can never forget how it feels when 1 person out of 10 appreciates your effort.



I chose to remember that one person, and you chose to remember the remaining nine. That's why we are different. 

No comments: